Date: 11/30/18 11:15 am
From: JULIANA <juliana.manoliu...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Shoreline Lake Mountain View area
My clear day 11-30-2018 outing this morning was quite successful. The
best bird was a /*Bald eagle*/ in flight at the West end of A1. Other
raptors seen:

-/*Northern harrier*/ twice close to where the Bald eagle was seen

-Juvenile /*Red-shouldered hawk */perched between the Lake and A1

-possibly a /*Golden eagle*/ twice- once perched roughly where the
Red-shoulder hawk was later seen; a second time flying low over the Lake
near the ship play structure; wasn't able to photograph, so I am not
100% sure

On A1 other birds of note

-/*Cinnamon teal*/ 21 total (15+6) more than 2/3 males

-a few /*Western grebes*/

-6-8/*Eared grebes*/

- /*American wigeons*/ in good numbers

On Shoreline Lake:

-first birds seen in the morning were the /*Horned grebe*/ mentioned a
few days ago associating with an Eared grebe.

-the male*Hooded merganser* was displaying to a /*Common goldeneye*/

later on upon my return from the Shoreline Cafe area:

-at least 5 male /*Surf scoters*/

-the previously reported/*Barrow's goldeneye-*/ a photographer named
Sha(?) was already on it making it easy to pick out

Finally on my second pass on the dirt trail parallel to Terminal Blvd:

-one tan striped/*White-throated sparrow*/; have very clear photos of
the supraloral yellow spots.

Juliana Manoliu