Date: 11/30/18 11:12 am
From: Range Bayer <range.bayer...>
Subject: [obol] Lincoln Co eBird Alert: Red Knot; No. Shrike; Black-and-white and Magnolia Warblers on 11/30
Red Knot (Calidris canutus) (1)
- Reported Nov 30, 2018 09:50 by Russ Namitz
- Siletz Bay--Salishan Nature Trail, Lincoln, Oregon
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.8908168,-124.0253448&ll=44.8908168,-124.0253448
- Comments: "Seen in flight with Dunlin and BB Plover. Size was
between those two. Uniform gray plumage with lighter gray tail/rump
diagnostic. "

Northern Shrike (Lanius borealis) (1)
- Reported Nov 30, 2018 08:30 by Russ Namitz
- Yaquina Bay--Sally's Bend-LNG Facility, Lincoln, Oregon
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.6262136,-124.0254092&ll=44.6262136,-124.0254092
- Comments: "Brownish juvenile with wavy vermiculations on breast and
hooked beak. Located near parking lot"

Black-and-white Warbler (Mniotilta varia) (1)
- Reported Nov 30, 2018 07:30 by Russ Namitz
- Ona Beach SP, Lincoln, Oregon
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.5213563,-124.0740108&ll=44.5213563,-124.0740108
- Comments: "Continuing rarity. Black and white striped Warbler.
Different facial pattern from Black-throated Gray Warbler and lacked
any yellow on lores. "

Magnolia Warbler (Setophaga magnolia) (1)
- Reported Nov 30, 2018 07:30 by Russ Namitz
- Ona Beach SP, Lincoln, Oregon
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.5213563,-124.0740108&ll=44.5213563,-124.0740108
- Comments: "Continuing rarity. Yellow throat and underparts with
white undertail coverts. Gray head with white eye and wing bars. "

***********
To see the most recent Ona Beach SP warbler sightings after they are
posted to eBird, see eBird "Recent Visits" tab for the Ona Beach SP
Hotspot at https://ebird.org/hotspot/L798371 or see the "Recent
Visits" tab for Lincoln Co. at https://ebird.org/region/US-OR-041 The
Lincoln County Rare Bird Alert email I receive comes out hourly; see
https://ebird.org/alert/summary?sid=SN39373 for recent reports in the
past 7 days that are organized by species. I am not forwarding all
rare eBird Alert reports for Lincoln Co.; generally, I don't forward
ongoing reports after the first sighting report of the day by an
observer or eBird Alert to OBOL or LCBNO.

POST: Send your post to <obol...>
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>

Join us on Facebook!