Date: 11/30/18 9:53 am
From: Joel Geier <joel.geier...>
Subject: [obol] Zen and the art of bluebird appreciation ... and CBCs
Recent postings about bluebirds, birders and trash at the Zen center
caused me to ponder the birding concept of "trash birds."

Glad to hear that my birder friends weren't responsible for
the "trash" that was mentioned. But there's really no such thing as
trash. There are just material items that someone views as useless, and
tosses aside.

Likewise there are really no trash birds. Sometimes birds are
insufficiently appreciated, in the places where we grow accustomed to
seeing them. Location and mood matter quite a lot.

Nothing builds appreciation more than looking for birds in places where
they're hard to find.

With that in mind, I'd like to invite you to join the Antone CBC on
Monday, December 17th. You'll gain a heightened appreciation for every
single bluebird that you see.

Or try out the Hart Mountain or Sheldon NWR CBCs, where bluebirds of any
sort are heard about as often as the sound of one hand clapping.

Let me know if you're interested.

Joel

--

Joel Geier
In Finland today, back in Oregon tomorrow

POST: Send your post to <obol...>
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>

Join us on Facebook!