Date: 11/30/18 5:11 am
From: John Besser <jbesser1...>
Subject: CAS field trip to Bradford Farm tomorrow
It looks like the weather will cooperate (somewhat) for the Columbia
Audubon Society field trip to Bradford Farms tomorrow, December 1. It will
be warm, but the ground will be wet after overnight rains. Waterproof boots
are highly recommended.

Bradford has produced some good birds in recent weeks, including Harris’
sparrow, Eurasian tree sparrow, short-eared owls, sandhill crane, and
western meadowlark. We’ll also look for other winter visitors, including
longspurs, blackbirds, northern shrike, raptors, and waterfowl.

We’ll meet at 9 AM at the parking lot at the Bradford conference center and
we'll plan to bird until noon, taking several short walks in several parts
of the farm.

NOTE: Early birders can meet at 7:30 AM at the commuter parking off US Hwy
63 at the AC exit. We’ll check out nearby Phillips Lake and South Farm
before we head to Bradford.

John Besser
Columbia MO
<jbesser1...>