Date: 11/29/18 7:45 pm
From: Andrew Reago <andrew.reago...>
Subject: Carondelet Park - Cackling Geese, possible Taverner's? - Video- 11/29/18
We had a few Cackling Geese at Carondelet Park today. Cackling Geese
have four subspecies. One of the Cackling subspecies is Richardson's,
which is what I think we most often see here in the St. Louis area.
(Someone please correct us if we are wrong.) One of the two at
Carondelet seemed to definitely be a Richardson's, but the other might
have been a Taverner's. Of course, we are most likely wrong on that
account, since the range of Taverner's doesn't usually come anywhere
near here, but check out the videos and see what you think. Let us
know.
1. Cackling Goose (possible Taverner's) - with Canada Geese
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3l0X9cDPfg [1]
2. Cackling Geese (Richardson's and possible Taverner's) together with
Canada Geese
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x43_2UQAXTo [2]

Andy Reago
St. Louis MO