Date: 11/29/18 9:26 am
From: Jeff Hansen <jeff.hansen.sd...>
Subject: Purple Finches
I had two purple finches in my Topeka yard just now. First of season. The
male was flicking his tail as he ate at the wire tube feeder. Not sure if
that is typical of purples. The female/imm. was quite aggressive toward
the house finches at the platform feeder. Not sure I've seen that
behaviour before.

I've had a fox sparrow now for a few weeks. Two tree sparrows showed up
today. Also have a white-throated sparrow. But no Harris's sparrow, which
I'd expect more than the others.

I'm doing feederwatch today and yesterday. I'm up to 26 species which is
very unusual for me.

--
Jeff Hansen
https://www.youtube.com/BackyardBirdsUS