Date: 11/28/18 3:51 pm
From: Wayne Hoffman <whoffman...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Relocation (off topic)
Thanks, Phil -

I definitely have my eye on the Cape Hatteras trips.  Unfortunately they are about 4 hours drive from here.  They sometimes do run back-to-back trips so thet may make it work better.

On the other hand, yesterday I took a walk on the beach at Wrightsville Beach, which is about 5 miles away, and had 15+ Northern Gannets circling and diving just beyond the surf.  That beach is mostly lines with high-rises, so maybe I can find an equivalent to your favorite table at the Inn at Spanish Head!

One other note from my trip.  I was able to take a half-day excursion from Ventura CA out to, but not onto, Anacapa Island.  I was able to photograph quite a few Black-vented Shearwaters. I had one distant bird that I thought was a pale Fulmar, but from the photos it was recognizable as a leucistic Black-vented.  It had a bright white head, black bill, mostly white body, a scattering of white feathers in the upper wing, mostly white underwing (like Buller's),  and dark tail and dark undertail coverts.

Take care -

Wayne
On 11/28/2018 5:21:15 PM, <philliplc...> <philliplc...> wrote:
> ditto from me

In addition to appreciating Wayne's posts I wanted
to add thanks for many enjoyable seawatches together
over the years. Hopefully opportunity presents itself
for pelagic birding there - Cape Hatteras trips maybe.

Phil

Join us on Facebook!