Date: 11/28/18 2:52 pm
From: Paul Peterson <petersonpaul63...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Evening Grosbeaks Continue at Dunback Meadow, etc.
Hi,
I had birded everywhere else in this place when I went down the trail that goes to the right at the four-way intersection. I got to the bridge with the handrails on it, and there was no sign of the Evening Grosbeaks that had been seen at that spot for three consecutive days recently. I continued along this trail and was on the second-to-last boardwalk of the trail, near the Bowman School, where it goes over Beaver Brook,  when I spied the beautiful adult male in a tree. This was at 12:45. Shortly thereafter, three more flew in. They departed soon thereafter. As I was leaving, I had a flyover calling at 1:10 near the Bacon St. entrance.(or in this case, exit). I birded here from 10:00-1:20:

Red-tailed Hawk 4
Cooper's Hawk 1
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker 1       immature male
Hairy Woodpecker 2
Brown Creeper 1
Winter Wren 1
Carolina Wren 5
Cedar Waxwing 4
Gray Catbird 1
Yellow-rumped Warbler 3             eating poison ivy berries
Dark-eyed Junco 25
Swamp Sparrow 2
Fox Sparrow 4
American Tree Sparrow 7
Rusty Blackbird 4                       two at four-way, two at Evening Grosbeak spot
Red-winged Blackbird 6
Purple Finch 2
EVENING GROSBEAK 5           YIPPEE!

Join us on Facebook!