Date: 11/28/18 1:02 pm
From: Kevin DeBoer <kevdeboer...>
Subject: [cobirds] 2 Palm Warblers - Denver West, Golden
I took a lunch break walk through Denver West (east of 70, north of
Colfax). I had two PALM WARBLERS moving around just north of Lena Gulch
between Building 5 and the Building 6&7 parking lot. Also in the flock were
a brown creeper, a few bushtits, and a handful of black-capped chickadees.
Interestingly, neither bird appeared to be the bird recently photographed
from the office park. At least one bird was still very near breeding
plumage, still maintaining a rufous cap, and the other may have been as
well although I after ID'ing the first I spent most of my time on the
second as it took longer to get a clear view through the branches. Both
birds were tail bobbing and feeding, as well as following each other around
and interacting at times.

The office park is also known for late fall Pine Warblers and
Yellow-bellied Sapsuckers, but although they have been my target all fall,
I have yet to find one.

Kevin DeBoer,
Lakewood, CO