Date: 11/28/18 9:18 am
From: Derb Carter <derbc...>
Subject: Eastwood Lake, Chapel Hill
I visited friends this morning who have a house on Eastwood Lake in Chapel Hill. It is a relatively small lake in a completely residential area. Something is going on with available food, likely fish, in the lake that is attracting birds. During my short visit there were about 200 Ring-billed Gulls and one Laughing, several cormorants and six Bald Eagles feeding in the middle of the lake and a Great Egret along the shoreline. Also, my friends have a Yellow-throated Warbler coming to their feeder. Don't know how long this will last, but whoever covers this area on the December 23 Chapel Hill Christmas Count should spend some time around the lake.

Derb Carter

Join us on Facebook!