Date: 11/27/18 5:15 pm
From: Jeff Gilligan <jeffgilligan10...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Eastern Bluebird thoughts

> On Nov 27, 2018, at 9:37 AM, Bob Archer <rabican1...> wrote:
>
> I was thinking about how these birds got to a small field in NE Portland. The TX and AZ birds are resident that do not migrate, I see that CA has no record and one record not accepted, Nevada has no record. So those birds simply do not move. Eastern Bluebirds are scattered all over western Montana. Last week the gorge experienced strong east winds. Idaho has one record from Cassia County (middle of the southern border). Utah has a few. These birds were blown down the gorge and dumped outside the western entrance?
>
> Bob Archer

I don’t think a species like Eastern Bluebird gets blown out of range,as would a seabird for example. I assume that Eastern Bluebirds are slow migrants that don’t fly particularly higr and sit out challenging winds rather than fly long distances in the wind.

The fellow who works at the flooring store says he saw them first about two months ago.

Jeff Gilligan

POST: Send your post to <obol...>
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>

Join us on Facebook!