Date: 11/27/18 5:15 pm
From: Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk...>
Subject: [obol] Coos Birds of Late
On Sunday I did some Pacific Flyway Shorebird Surveys in the Empire area of
Coos Bay. No larger shorebirds (godwits/curlews) and nothing unusual. I did
see a LT DUCK off Fossil Point though and a couple male Eurasian Wigeons
and Eared Grebes in same area. Eric Clough canoed upper bay but did not
find any larger shorebirds either.

In the PM we were out walking the beach north of the north jetty of Coos
Bay. We found a nice flock with 39 Snowy Plovers, 30 SP Plovers, and 8
Western Sandpipers along with Sanderlings, Dunlins and Leasties. Along
foredune road on drive out there was a juvie N SHRIKE.

On Monday morning at Mingus Park early there were three GH Owls calling
back and forth plus the whistling Eurasian Wigeon continues.

Later in day I was out in woods east of Myrtle Point. Owl tooting brought
in three Gray Jays one of which did a perfect pygmy owl imitation!

Happy birding,
Tim R
Coos Bay

Join us on Facebook!