Date: 11/27/18 5:09 pm
From: Jeff Gilligan <jeffgilligan10...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Eastern Bluebirds early afternoon Tuesday
Thanks to whoever first found the birds near the golf course. Happily a Cooper’s Hawk that flew by didn’t see them or didn’t react to them.

Interestingly, a fellow named Glen who works at the carpet store near the Dharma Center joined us for a while there. He asked what people had been looking for. I told him and he looked ay a photo on his smart phone. He then said , before anyone told him that there were two Eastern Bluebirds, that he had seen two off and on behind the store along a hedge (he might have meant the wild black berries). He said they often went to the ground. He said that he may have first seen them as long ago as two months. He said that he is in charge of the area where he sees them and that is OK for birders to look there. He said that people can go through the hole int eh fence as well that you can see from the formal trail int eh new reserve.

For clarification regarding Owen’s post, the birds were seen by going west on NE Thompson from 82nd, to where the Madison High School property meets the golf course. The birds were on the high cyclone fence that separates the properties, on the baseball dugout building, on the short fence at the baseball field, and on the ground on the baseball field.

Jeff Gilligan

> On Nov 27, 2018, at 1:40 PM, Owen Schmidt <oschmidt...> wrote:
>

> ….. being seen just west of 82nd Ave, north of Thompson, near the baseball diamond, according to Jeff Gilligan just now, 1:40 pm
>
> <oschmidt...>
> Tuesday, November 27, 2018
>

> POST: Send your post to <obol...>

POST: Send your post to <obol...>