Date: 11/27/18 4:01 pm
From: Diana.Byrne <diana.byrne...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Snow Buntings
I relocated the flock of 60 or more Snow Buntings about 1 mile south of the Del Rey beach access (Gearhart) this morning. I took several photos of an interestingly pale bunting, that is probably the same bird that Mike Patterson has been seeing.

My photos are posted at http://cannonbeachbirder.blogspot.com/2018/11/snow-bunting-flock.html

Diana Byrne

Subject: Snow Buntings
Date: Tue Nov 27 2018 13:04 pm
From: celata AT pacifier.com
I drove Clatsop Beach today all the way north to about a quarter-mile past the north most pole (#5) off Camp Rilea. I saw two buntings with DUNLIN just north of the Sunset Access. Continued south on the beach on the return and picked up the SNOW BUNTING flock just off Surfpines. Birds were skittish and kept moving south, finally settling on the dunes about halfway between the Del Rey and Gearhart Approaches.

Got brief, but unsatisfactory looks a a pale looking bird. Left Diana Byrne to investigate further...

--

Mike Patterson
Astoria, OR

Join us on Facebook!