Date: 11/27/18 7:45 am
From: Bob Archer <rabican1...>
Subject: [obol] Re: E Bluebirds at Dharma Rain Zen Center in Portland
I did contact the center via email to let them know what was up with all
the visitors. Just some more info I looked up, the old driving range is
owned by a private LLC, zoned for commercial use, and property goes right
over to 82nd. The zen center owns the land the trail is on and also the
vacant land north of it, from what I can see. Seems it is a local dog walk
area,

And while watching the bluebirds, I asked what other birds does Mult County
claim as Oregon state firsts.. I glanced through the OBRC review list
(ignoring birds not on review list) and based my answers solely on the
first accepted records, not the first verified bird but simply first on the
review list. AH and JW easily rattled off most of the answers: Mult
County has Tufted Duck, Slaty-backed Gull, Masked Booby, Northern Hawk
Owl, Brambling, Rustic Bunting, and oddly Blackpoll Warbler.

Bob Archer

On Mon, Nov 26, 2018 at 11:34 PM Mary Garrard <springazure1...>
wrote:

> Thanks David. It is private property, which I didn't emphasize in my
> how it's going.
>
> Mary
>

> On Mon, Nov 26, 2018, 11:16 PM David Bailey <davidcbaileyoregon...>
> wrote:
>
>> Thanks for your thoughtful message Mary. I hope all birders will be
>> mindful of your words and respectful of the property and its stewards.
>>
>> David
>>
>> On Mon, Nov 26, 2018, 23:09 Mary Garrard <springazure1...> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi everyone, I’m a long-range member of DRZC and not being there to
>>> check out the situation for myself, I am a bit concerned about how the
>>> flurry of activity regarding this bird may affect the Zen center and its
>>> operations. I know most of us will be respectful of the center. You should
>>> probably not park on DRZC property, but find a place on the street in the
>>> neighborhood. During the day 82nd Avenue should be safe.
>>>
>>> Best,
>>>
>>> Mary Garrard
>>> CorvallisPOST: Send your post to <obol...>
>>> JOIN OR QUIT: http://www.freelists.org/list/obol
>>> OBOL archives: www.freelists.org/archive/obol
>>> Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>

Join us on Facebook!