Date: 11/26/18 10:30 pm
From: Paul Saraceni <paulsaraceni...>
Subject: [SFBirds] Ancient Murrelet, 11/24/18, etc.
A few recent observations of local interest.

During Saturday (11/24) morning gull-studying and photographing by a number of of us at Ocean Beach, I observed an ANCIENT MURRELET flying N just offshore. We also observed 7 Brant, a flock of 15 Am. Wigeon, and 1 Red Phalarope flying over the ocean, the latter 3 species initially spotted by Hugh Cotter.

This morning (11/26) during a brief session at Battery Godfrey I observed a single Greater White-fronted Goose flying solo NE (not sure whether it was the individual that has been moving around the City), and with Brian Fitch also observed hundreds of loons (including the 3 regular species) flying E high over the GG Channel and Marin Headlands, several big flocks of Am. Robins, small numbers of W. Bluebirds, Varied Thrushes, and Cedar Waxwings, and 2 Red Crossbills.

2 Humpback Whales were relatively close to shore in the Channel.

Paul Saraceni

San Francisco

-=-=-
Group Owner: SFBirds+<owner...>