Date: 11/26/18 6:31 pm
From: <hilton...> <hilton...>
Subject: Hilton Pond 10/01/18 (Migration, Old Birds, And a Pondbow)
October was an especially busy month at Hilton Pond Center, what with fall migration; highlights are included in installment #679 of "This Week at Hilton Pond." A few Ruby-throated Hummingbirds were present--including a record-setting late adult female--and Northern Cardinals came on like gangbusters. The photo essay includes images of a "Hilton Pondbow," mimid thrushes, and even a golden autumn sunset. Bird longevity enthusiasts will appreciate the age of one cardinal we re-netted early in the month.

As always the write-up includes tallies of all birds banded or recaptured during the period, along with nature notes and acknowledgments of recent donors.

To view the installment for 1-31 Oct 2018, please visit https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.hiltonpond.org_ThisWeek181001.html&d=DwIFAg&c=imBPVzF25OnBgGmVOlcsiEgHoG1i6YHLR0Sj_gZ4adc&r=ymRCw6Q-sBitug_rdeO1Tokz-I_SX2LQN2_Ocvlal9U&m=6GLpTTFUcTwGkNdHgeUUL1uib0scwPnlGr-2r-WWCiM&s=-rUvzb1fwwb39O-4ESqMnmXUYe5C1w7nQM8vGIvd2q8&e=

Happy Nature Watching!

BILL

Please "Like" our new Facebook pages at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.facebook.com_HiltonPond&d=DwIFAg&c=imBPVzF25OnBgGmVOlcsiEgHoG1i6YHLR0Sj_gZ4adc&r=ymRCw6Q-sBitug_rdeO1Tokz-I_SX2LQN2_Ocvlal9U&m=6GLpTTFUcTwGkNdHgeUUL1uib0scwPnlGr-2r-WWCiM&s=sc5wDSZFRTs6aGLKg-ArC6BHVxvrDt5F0_EXZIIrrlk&e= for timely updates on nature topics,
and for info about hummingbirds at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.facebook.com_rubythroats&d=DwIFAg&c=imBPVzF25OnBgGmVOlcsiEgHoG1i6YHLR0Sj_gZ4adc&r=ymRCw6Q-sBitug_rdeO1Tokz-I_SX2LQN2_Ocvlal9U&m=6GLpTTFUcTwGkNdHgeUUL1uib0scwPnlGr-2r-WWCiM&s=S5nYz2vtjhxQpP2X14gebiP_2_EMB3ROqMsidrBi9fo&e=

Follow us on Twitter @hiltonpond

========

DR. BILL HILTON JR., Executive Director
office & cell (803) 684-5852

The mission of Hilton Pond Center for Piedmont Natural History is "to conserve plants, animals, habitats, and other natural components of the Piedmont Region of the eastern United States through observation, scientific study, and education for students of all ages.

"Never trust a person too lazy to get up for sunrise or too busy to watch the sunset." BHjr.

Join us on Facebook!