Date: 11/26/18 5:35 pm
From: Oscar Moss <cowmoss...>
Subject: [SFBirds] Recent sightings around SF
Hi All,

Some recent sightings from around SF:

Monday, Nov 19 - A HY Bald Eagle flew past myself and Lucas Corn. on Battery Godfrey, heading south toward the Sea Cliff/Outer Richmond area.

Tuesday, Nov 20 - Searched for the Lesser Black-backed Gull found by Jonah B and Dominik M around Ocean Beach, Sutro Baths, and Lake Merced. While I didn’t find it, I was able to observe 4 different Palm Warblers (1 in the concrete path at the intersection of Fulton and the Great Hwy, a second continuing in the dunes at Ocean Beach, 2 together in a cypress near the Boathouse at Lake Merced).

Thursday, Nov 22 - following up on the morning’s reports of the LBBG, I decided to give it my own shot. I arrived Ocean Beach from Ortega around 1100am. I walked north until I saw a large group of California Gulls - and in them was what appeared to be the Lesser Black-backed. Unfortunately a dog aggressively charged through the flock before I could take out my camera and get photos. But the bird flew my way and came right overhead, before the entire flock went north toward the Sutro Baths area.

Friday, Nov 23 - I joined Dominik M, Lee G, David T, Josiah C, Rob C, Adam W, Matt Z, Joachim G, Russ B, and many others in search of the adult Lesser Black-backed Gull found that morning by Brian Fitch. While nobody refound the gull, we got to see 30+ Red Phalaropes wrecked on the beach following the storm that occurred the night before.

Oscar Moss

-=-=-
Group Owner: SFBirds+<owner...>

Join us on Facebook!