Date: 11/26/18 12:44 am
From: Robert O'Brien <baro...>
Subject: [obol] Re: MEGA RBA - Eastern Bluebirds in Portland
As an eBird devotee, and to amplify Bob Archer's remarks, there are 3
eBird records for Alberta
and one for southern Idaho. No records anywhere near the west coast. But
two of the Alberta
records *are of breeding pairs*, and they could be somewhat more widespread
in sparsely
settled/birded areas of Alberta.
Southbound birds from these areas could be the source of these two birds
.
Western Bluebird is widespread in BC but is virtually absent from the
prairies of Alberta, where
Mountain Bluebird is common.

Bob OBrien

On Sun, Nov 25, 2018 at 7:42 PM Bob Archer <rabican1...> wrote:

> There are resident populations in TX and AZ. The Eastern is not even on
> the CA list yet. This is a puzzler for sure. Record in BC though..
>
> Bob Archer
>
> On Sun, Nov 25, 2018 at 7:38 PM Nicholas Mrvelj <nickmrvelj...>
> wrote:
>
>> Birders,
>>
>> Eric Carlson found and photographed A PAIR of EASTERN BLUEBIRDS in
>> Portland today at the Dharma Rain Zen Center near 82nd Avenue. If accepted
>> by the OBRC, this will constitute the first record for the state of Oregon.
>> I've provided a link below to his checklist. Eric was having trouble
>> sharing this amazing find on OBOL, so I volunteered to help. From Eric:
>>
>> "Found in large field - used to be a driving range - next to Dharma Rain
>> Zen Center. Accessible from the parking lot on NE 85th and NE Siskiyou. You
>> can look for it from the paved path that leads from the zen center to 82nd.
>>
>> This is the same place where I found Western Bluebird in March, as well
>> as Say's Phoebe and Eastern Kingbird this year. "
>>
>> https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S50211824
>>
>> See some of you bright and early tomorrow morning? Oregon is hot right
>> now!
>>
>> Good birding,
>> -Nick Mrvelj (PDX)

Join us on Facebook!