Date: 11/25/18 4:09 pm
Subject: Merlin at Mid Pines Rd.
After this morning’s CHBC trip to the Jordan Lake Gamelands I decided to bypass home and detour to Mid Pines Rd to look for the Peregrine seen there recently. I arrived too late to see the Peregrine seen earlier, but while watching a flock of pipits, I had a Merlin fly by. The bird landed in the pecan grove area, where it was well seen and multiply-photographed by 4 other birds already in that area.
And besides the pipits, multiple Horned Larks were in the area, including several that were singing.

Good Birding!
Bob Rybczynski
Cary, NC

Join us on Facebook!