Date: 11/25/18 2:47 pm
From: Phil Brown <pdpbrown...>
Subject: [MBBIRDS] Westcliff and Lighthouse FIeld
This mornings Bird Club walk started on Westcliff where we had nice views
of SURFBIRDS and BLACK TURNSTONES. There were a smattering of MEW GULLS in
the cove, colder weather should bring more. Cliff Bixler found us a
surprise amongst the SURF SCOTERS, a pair of BUFFLEHEADS. After walking
Eastward a little Bobbie Mayer found us a RED-NECKED GREBE. There were a
few LOONS to be seen, a couple of RED-THROATED, a COMMON in the cove, and a
PACIFIC further out. We walked to the cormorant rock to compare all 3
(BRANDT'S, DOUBLE-CRESTED and PELAGIC) and admired the breeding plumaged
BROWN PELICANS. A couple of BLACK OYSTERCATCHERS flew in while we watched.

On Lighthouse field we had great views of a pair of AMERICAN KESTRELS,
close looks at a RED-SHOULDERED HAWK, and a couple of RED-TAILED flew over.
There were the usual sparrows (FOX, SONG, GOLDEN and WHITE CROWNED). and
lots of BLACK PHOEBES calling. One SAY'S PHOEBE made a brief appearance on
the field.

Thanks to those who joined the trip, and those wanting copies of the ebird
lists should email me.

Phil Brown