Date: 11/25/18 1:49 pm
From: Josh <opihi...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] SAGE THRASHER reported from Nantucket!
Hi MassBirders,

Posted within the past half-hour to the MA RBA group on FaceBook, by Skyler Kardell: "SAGE THRASHER, Low Beach, Nantucket— found by Logan Kalhe bear the sewer beds!!!” No photos available yet as far as I can tell…

As long as I’m relaying bird reports from FaceBook, a couple of others of note:

Common (Mew) Gull at King’s Beach in Swampscott, a banded individual, so presumably the same one which has been noted at this location the past two winters, posted to eBird Saturday by Suzanne Sullivan:
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S50200350 <https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S50200350>

And a dark morph Rough-legged Hawk photographed Sunday morning along South Maple Street in Hadley by Larry Therrien:
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S50201064 <https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S50201064>
There was an earlier report of a similar bird in East Meadows of Northampton, by Jeremy Coleman, but it’s unclear at this point if that might have been the same bird or a different individual….

Good birding!

Josh

Joshua S. Rose, Ph.D.
Amherst, MA

Webmaster, Hampshire Bird Club
https://hampshirebirdclub.org/

Northeast Chapter, Dragonfly Society of the Americas
https://bryanpfeiffer.com/nedsa2018/

http://bugguide.net/user/view/2399
https://www.facebook.com/opihi

Join us on Facebook!