Date: 11/25/18 9:00 am
Subject: Red-breasted Nuthatch
Hi All,

I'm excited about having a rare Red-breasted Nuthatch appear in my yard this morning! This bird is a 'irruptive' Winter migrant that we do not see here every year. This is the second such sighting ever in my yard of 18 years ... my first was in November 2014.

This small Nuthatch has rusty underparts, black cap with long white eye stripes and blue/gray back ... and there was no doubt about this sighting!

I was lucky enough to host it on a 'Project Feeder Watch' day!

Be on the lookout for RBN's this winter ... several have been reported in SC/NC/GA recently. This may be one of those good 'irruptive' years for them in our areas!

Jack Colcolough
Hilton Head Island, SC

Join us on Facebook!