Date: 11/24/18 6:33 pm
From: caroline haines <chaines49...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Oiled loon update
Many thanks to Avery, veterinary student from Tufts, who came up to Gloucester on this fine, sunny afternoon to attempt to rescue the oiled common loon that is still present off Stacey Boulevard. He made a valiant attempt by kayak, but repeatedly the loon quickly dove when the kayak approached, behavior that I had not seen before, and encouraging in some ways.
It became clear quickly that we would not bring this bird in today. I will continue to monitor, and watch to see if it beaches itself.
Caroline Haines
<Songbirder...>
Gloucester
Sent from my iPhone-please excuse brevity, typos, or insults.

Join us on Facebook!