Date: 11/24/18 5:19 pm
From: Loretta via Groups.Io <lchen89=<yahoo.com...>
Subject: Re: [SFBirds] Cassins auklet - Local wildlife centers
Hi Josiah,
Sorry I'm just seeing this now, but FYI, the Wildlife Center w/the Peninsula Humane Society would happily take in any orphaned, sick, or injured wildlife that you find. I volunteer there and can tell you that if they can do anything to help an animal, they will.
If they aren't set up to care for that particular animal, they'll transfer it elsewhere, e.g. International Bird Rescue or the Wildlife Center of Silicon Valley.
If you are in the city and you can't bring the animal to the facility, you can call Animal Control, who will do their best to capture/transport the animal to a center.
Some numbers and addresses (from their webpage above):
PHS/SPCA Wildlife Care Center: 1450 Rollins Rd, Burlingame (650-340-7022)Palo Alto Animal Services: 3281 E. Bayshore Rd, Palo Alto (650-329-2413)Wildlife Center of Silicon Valley: 3027 Penitencia Creek Rd, San Jose (408-929-9453)San Francisco Animal Care & Control: 1200 15th St, San Francisco (415-554-6364)
Thanks and happy birding!
Lorētta Chen

On Saturday, November 24, 2018, 12:44:32 PM PST, Josiah Clark <josiah.clark621...> wrote:

Just picked up an exhausted Cassins auklet at Pacheco Street. It’s with me in the car now, I’m about to release it at Sutro baths so long as there aren’t too many gulls. Otherwise thinking over by Crissy Field. If any burgers are around and want to see it come by or p.m. me. I am about to meet Cedric at Lawton Street right now.

-=-=-
Group Owner: SFBirds+<owner...>

Join us on Facebook!