Date: 11/24/18 4:12 pm
From: Al Eisner via Groups.Io <eisner=<SLAC.Stanford.EDU...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Belated report from Laguna Ave., Coyote Valley
Because a negative report might still be of interest: I spent some time
around midday on Thanksgiving (Nov. 22) scoping the fence lines, etc.
along Laguna Ave. southwest of Santa Teresa for Mt. Bluebird, but with
no success. If anyone refinds them, please post.

What I found most interesting here were all the American Pipits landing
on the phone wires, sometimes more than 20 at once. (The flock had,
conservatively, 40 or 50 very active birds.) Raptors were scarce, but
other regular Coyote Valley specialties were present: 2 Say's Phoebes,
2 Loggerhead Shrikes, Yellow-billed Magpie, and some Tricolored Blackbirds
in the large flock of mostly Brewer's near the end of the road.

Al Eisner