Date: 11/24/18 1:35 pm
From: Harry Fuller <atowhee...>
Subject: [obol] Friday's YB Loon search--no
Paul Sullivan and I--both self-professed loonatics, or loon
hunters--spent most of yesterday around Nehalem Bay seeking a Yellow-billed
Loon. The bird eluded us, helped perhaps by surging tides, rain, overcast
and the vagaries of loon fishing known only to the loon itself. At one time
in mid-afternoon about ten of us loonatics were gathered on the hillock at
the north end of Kelly's Marina parking lot, scoping the out-rushing
tide--Bonaparte's Gull was the best we could find. None of us had seen the
loon by 345 PM. In fact, Paul and I didn't even manage a Common or
Red-throated Loon. But there were scads of other birds, my favorite being
the Harlequins just off the rocky shoreline at Barview on Tillamook Bay.

checklists from several locations on my blog.

--
Harry Fuller
author of: *San Francisco's Natural History: Sand Dunes to Streetcars:*

Join us on Facebook!