Date: 11/24/18 9:27 am
From: Beverly Hallberg <mapsout...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Scoping jetty entrance, Nehalem bay
A warning - if you decide to walk the jetty stone dike towards the Jetty
Marina - which is a great walk - leash your dog and don't bring children.
There are huge perilous deep chasms in this rock jetty that anyone can step
into if they are not watching their steps. Stay safe.

On Sat, Nov 24, 2018 at 8:57 AM Kathleen Krall <krallfamily...>
wrote:

> To add to the excellent thoughts by Beverly and James, it is possible to
> scope from the entrance to Nehalem bay all the way back to the Jetty
> Fishery RV park. (Mike and I tried that yesterday, unsuccessfully, after
> not finding the loon at Kelly’s). Drive south to Nedonna beach, then north
> to a parking area closest to the jetty. It is a short walk to the jetty.
> Unfortunately, because of a bend in the river, you can’t see the area
> across from Kellys from there, but you can view the area from the Jetty
> Fishery to the mouth.
>
> Kathy Krall
>
> “The surface of a slate grey lake is lit
> By the earthed lightning of a flock of swans...”
>
> Seamus Heaney

Join us on Facebook!