Date: 11/23/18 10:14 pm
From: Hendrik Herlyn <hhactitis...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Harlan or not?
Tom makes an excellent point about the wings-to-tail ratio. I forgot to
mention that. In fact, that was one of the clinchers I used several years
ago when a beautiful dark-morph Rough-leg showed up at the Prairie Overlook
at Finley NWR to safely separate the bird from a Harlan's Hawk (that
Roughie spent at least 4 subsequent winters at the overlook).

Happy raptoring
Hendrik

--
Hendrik G. Herlyn