Date: 11/22/18 9:48 pm
From: Paul Saraceni <paulsaraceni...>
Subject: Re: [SFBirds] Palace of Fine Arts, Four geese species, but departed shortly after 2:00 pm Thursday, Nov. 22
Another location for the goose flock is Spreckels Lake in Golden Gate Park -- on Monday (11/19) @ 8:45 AM I observed the 1 Snow Goose, 1 Greater White-fronted Goose, and 9 Cackling Geese there together among many Canada Geese (and American Coots).

A few other species of less-common waterfowl I've observed in SF this week:
Green-winged Teal 3 -- group flying S over the ocean from sea watch on 11/20
Northern Pintail 11 -- group flying SE over north Lake Merced on 11/20
Common Goldeneye 9 -- group flying E past Battery Godfrey on 11/19

Paul Saraceni
San Francisco

> On November 22, 2018 at 3:04 PM William Grant <wbgrant...> wrote:
>

> Cackling Goose - 8; Snow Goose, Greater White-fronted Goose, Canada Goose
>
> Jesse Ellis, arrived at 10:08 am
> https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S50137263
>
> I arrived at 1:42
> https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S50130987
>
> Around 2:05 they flew away.
>
> May be at the Crissy Field Lagoon or elsewhere nearby.
>
> Happy birding,
>
> Bill

-=-=-
Group Owner: SFBirds+<owner...>