Date: 11/22/18 5:33 pm
Subject: Re: Coastal birds up close
There is no previous record of Atlantic Puffin in South Carolina, so this observation should be carefully documented. Please report at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.carolinabirdclub.org_brc_rare-5Fbird_&d=DwICaQ&c=imBPVzF25OnBgGmVOlcsiEgHoG1i6YHLR0Sj_gZ4adc&r=ymRCw6Q-sBitug_rdeO1Tokz-I_SX2LQN2_Ocvlal9U&m=bdSJPIrKZTU3WVE0lEoub3oGqlRzGALRiT2ir9YVZgQ&s=FC4ELuiZTvlXZSpVJLfl3TnPd6rm9PC-125xdkogvR8&e=

Kent Fiala

On 11/22/2018 8:20 PM, Robert Hibbitts (via carolinabirds Mailing List) wrote:
> First post to this group as a long time birder. Was put birding off Edisto Beach this afternoon with scope and found a pod of about seven Atlantic puffins cruising about a hundred yards off beach moving north. In addition there were three Pomeraine Jaegar that came overhead about ten feet above before flying back out to see. Normal coastal birds around. A couple sedge wrens in marsh. Just thought the puffins and jaegar were a bit early sittings for the year. On way home we picked up a colony of RCWs and a few Wood stork off US 178.
>
> -Robert

Join us on Facebook!