Date: 11/22/18 12:02 pm
From: Ann Verdi <aeverdi235...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] continuing Yellow-bellied Sapsucker
This morning (Thurs, Nov 22), I saw the continuing immature male
YELLOW-BELLIED SAPSUCKER at the Santa Clara Valley Water District
(SCVWD)headquarters. It was foraging in the trees behind the headquarters
near the employee entrance where it was first discovered several weeks ago,
and it was still skittish and moving about quickly.

A number of years ago an immature Yellow-bellied Sapsucker was also found
at the SCVWD. It was often not an easy bird to re-find as it moved around a
lot but always staying in the vicinity of the Water District. The bird
remained until about the 1st of April (Bill Bousman may have the actual
late date of sighting this bird) and turned out to be a female. I'm hoping
this young male will also continue to stay here throughout the winter
season.

Happy Thanksgiving -

Ann Verdi
San Jose