Date: 11/22/18 7:51 am
From: Steve Compton <scompton1251...>
Subject: Re: CBC Count Week
As a former complier, "count week" birds are useful in planning the
effort for the next count.
Steve ComptonGreenville, SCComplier, Charleston Christmas Bird Count
c.1985-91.
Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE DroidOn 22 Nov 2018 9:20 am, Kent Fiala
<carolinabirds...> wrote:

The meaning of "Count Week" is officially detailed at
https://www.audubon.org/christmas-bird-count-compiler-resources#08

Basically it's just a way of feeling better about missing a
species on count day, nothing more.

Kent Fiala

On 11/21/2018 9:42 PM, M Howell (via carolinabirds Mailing List)
wrote:

Audubon defines count week.
Audubon determines how count week birds are recorded.
Species identified as " cw" are not included in the final tally
for the Christmas Bird Count.
While "cw" birds may not be of interest nationally or worldwide,
they are historically significant at more local levels.
The Wayne County, NC Christmas Bird Count will continue to include
count week species.