Date: 11/21/18 6:58 pm
From: Sandy <sandyselesky...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Pine siskins in Westford
3 pine siskins joined all the goldfinch and other regulars at my thistle and sunflower feeders today and gorging themselves! First time back at my deck in a few years. The red-breasted nuthatch is still coming daily.
Also I have one gorgeous male goldfinch who has not molted into his winter plumage. He is still as bright yellow and black as if it were late spring/summer with absolutely no sign of any molt. Has anyone ever seen this before so late into November?? All the other goldfinch are in their winter plumage and he really stands out (and brightens the scene!)

Sandy Selesky
Westford MA
<sandyselesky...>

Sent from my iPhone