Date: 11/21/18 4:04 pm
From: David Irons <llsdirons...>
Subject: [obol] Re: visiting private property
The Jetty Fishery place has never been welcoming to birders dating back many years. As Jimmy points out, you can access the jetty from Manhattan Beach State Park then walk back up along the bay for about a half mile or so, which basically gets you within a couple hundred yards of the Jetty Fishery. The little tidal flat behind the jetty has always looked like it had potential for something fun like a wagtail, or rare shorebird.

Money always talks. There is currently a Masked Booby regularly roosting on the end of dock at a bayside restaurant on South Padre Island (Texas). You have to walk through a long restaurant to get to where you can see the bird. The owners have been really great about letting birders go through the restaurant to see the booby and many of the birders are ordering food and drinks while there.

Dave Irons