Date: 11/21/18 2:59 pm
From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56...>
Subject: [obol] visiting private property
I second Jimmy’s point about visiting private property. If there is a little store, buy something. This is a very basic courtesy when getting a free look from someone else’s land, especially a commercial site.

In Lane County one of the most obvious places where this is important is Darling’s Resort on the n. shore of Siltcoos Lake. It is one of the best places to view waterfowl, especially in winter when the general southwesterly inflow of air tends to move birds into the large “pocket” in front of Darling’s. I go there every winter. I always ask for permission to bird from the front of their parking and pier area. I have never been turned down. I often get some munchies at the store.

Access to other people’s land is a privilege and we need to make sure that birders always have a good reputation.

Alan Contreras
<acontrer56...>
Eugene, Oregon

www.alanlcontreras.com