Date: 11/21/18 1:30 pm
From: Larry McQueen <larmcqueen...>
Subject: [obol] Wed morning, Eugene
We had some light rain this morning at Alton-Baker Park, but we quit around 10 as the rain increased. It was slow for sparrows, but we managed to find a White-throated, a White-crowned and a Golden-crowned perched in the same small bush by the community garden. Otherwise, the crows had the garden and an immature Cooper’s Hawk supposedly kept small birds hiding.
All ducks were in the display pond and nearby canoe channel. The Redhead pair was a nice surprise.
36 - 37 species

Cackling Goose 22
Canada Goose several small groups on ground
Wood Duck a quick small flock was believed to be woodies
Gadwall 1
American Wigeon a few
Mallard (mostly)
Redhead one pair
Ring-necked Duck 15
Bufflehead 1 female
Hooded Merganser 3 males and 2 females
Rock Pigeon 75
Mourning Dove 3
Greater Yellowlegs 1 at river
Ring-billed Gull 3
Glaucous-winged Gull 3 one with darker primaries, but not black
Double-crested Cormorant 5
Great Blue Heron 1
Cooper’s Hawk 1 im. imposing on the garden area.
Belted Kingfisher 1
Northern Flicker 1
Steller’s Jay 7
American Crow 100
Black-capped Chickadee 6
Bushtit 35
(White-breasted Nuthatch) heard from a distant cottonwood by LM but there was no repeat.
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 3
American Robin 25
European Starling scattered
House Sparrow 2
American Goldfinch 30
Spotted Towhee 7
Song Sparrow 2
White-throated Sparrow 1
White-crowned Sparrow 1
Golden-crowned Sparrow 8
Dark-eyed Junco loose flocks in several places
Townsend’s Warbler 1 with a bushtit flock

Dennis Arendt, Randy Sinnott, Steven and Judy Franzen, Jim Regali, Tom Cable, Kit Larsen, Steve Dignam, and Larry McQueen

Join us on Facebook!