Date: 11/20/18 7:36 pm
From: Dianne & Steve Kinder <000000023c9fba03-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Chariton Co. Swans & stuff
There was a large number of Waterfowl just east of Sumner this evening, in cropfields that have been flooded for hunting. This included big flocks of Snow and Greater White-fronted Geese, and 250+ Trumpeter Swans. Quite aspectacle with lots of Vocalizing from all three species!    Kind of ironic that I only saw one Swan at Swan Lake NWR a little ways farther south of that location. I'm sure they go back and forth though. There were 100+ Canvasback, many Ruddy Ducks, thousands of Ring-necked Ducks, and others in Swan Lake Marsh seen from the main levee road to the Visitor Center. The interior of the refuge is closed until March, but plenty to see in the area around.

Later,Steve KinderChillicothe, Livingston <Co.dmkinder...>

mailto:<mobirds-l-request...>
ABA Birding Code of Ethics
http://www.aba.org/about/ethics.html

Join us on Facebook!