Date: 11/20/18 6:45 pm
From: James P Smith <keenbirder...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Turner's Falls - more Red-throated Loons and a Black-legged Kittiwake
Greetings birders,

After this morning's post concerning Red-throated Loons in Franklin County
I didn't really expect that the day would get better, but it did. On
checking Barton Cove in late afternoon I found little in the way of
interest but the Turner's Falls Rod and Gun club was a totally different
story with 9 Red-throated Loons, 3 Red-necked Grebes and a Ruddy Duck in
addition to the Surf Scoter, Lesser Scaup and Common Loon still present
from the morning.

Moreover, a small flock of Ring-billed Gulls hosted a first-cycle
Black-legged Kittiwake. This was my third record of a kittiwake in the
area, the others being adults on October 11th, 2005 and November 5th 2012.
Some grainy record shots of the kittiwake and the loons can be seen here;

https://pioneerbirding.blogspot.com/2018/11/ma-black-legged-kittiwake-and-even-more.html

Good birding,

James
https://pioneerbirding.blogspot.com/