Date: 11/20/18 6:25 pm
From: Kevin Smith <kevinsmithnaturephotos...>
Subject: [obol] Madras Raptor Route
We did the Madras RR under partly cloudy skies with temps from 24-45*
hardly any breeze.  One of our first 'raptors' was a Northern Shrike,
junior with others as follows.

36 Red-tailed Hawks

29 American Kestrels

  6 Northern Harriers

  3 Rough-legged Hawks

  2 Falcons, Prairie and Merlin

NO Owls

76 total birds.  Most of the birds seemed to be located in the northern
portion of our route.  Maybe they just haven't reached the southern area
and that might explain why we had such a low count at Culver.

Again we would love to welcome others to join us doing the Culver and
Madras Raptor Routes.  These do require fairly good weather so rain,
snow or fog can force a change of date.  Contact me if you would like to
ride along.

Kevin Smith

Join us on Facebook!