Date: 11/20/18 5:48 pm
From: Ron <waxwing...>
Subject: Re: Wayne County NC CBC Dec 15
As far as “count week” species go, I spoke with someone from National Audubon a few years ago and they use only the actual day and disregard all others, no matter how unusual or rare. They may make your list a little bigger, which may be why the idea came about, but it goes no farther.

Ron Clark
Kings Mtn. NC

Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2018 8:15 PM
To: <carolinabirds...>
Subject: Wayne County NC CBC Dec 15

The Wayne County, NC Christmas Bird Count will be held on Saturday, December 15, 2018. Count day will begin at 12:01 am and run through 11:59 pm. Also, we'd appreciate it if you keep track of any count week birds in the count circle. Count week is December 12 - 18. For the CBC, you do not need to count numbers on any day except for December 15.

If you don't already know, here are examples of how they are recorded:

(count week) On Dec 12, you see 1 Bald Eagle, 1 Northern Harrier, and 1 Osprey.

(count day) On Dec 15, you see 3 Bald Eagles, 2 Northern Harriers, and 0 Osprey.

(count week) On Dec 17, you see 2 Bald Eagles, 3 Northern Harriers, and 1 Osprey.

The official record will show: Bald Eagle - 3, Northern Harrier - 2, Osprey - cw

We welcome new participants. If you are interested, please contact me. We are still growing our CBC and can always use more eyes and ears.

Mae Howell
hareboro@ hotmail.com
919-580-8330
Goldsboro, NC