Date: 11/20/18 5:37 pm
From: David Zittin <dzittin...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Sierra Summit, parking lot and Aquila Loop
Hi Birders,
Floy and I walked the Aquila Loop Trail mostly in hopes of getting above the smoke. It helped, but it was not perfectly clear, but better than the low lands.

Birding was between boring and moderately interesting. We were hoping to see Mountain Bluebirds, but no luck.
Some highlights:
- Golden Eagle soaring around the parking lot area.
- One Horned Lark in the wet spot below the water tanks.
- Many Savannah Sparrows
- Four Red-tailed Hawks
- Two Harriers
- Several Meadow Larks seen as we parked, but only a few seen later
- White-tailed Kite being chased off of its perch by a vocal Harrier
- Rock Wren working crevices in the split-rail guard around the parking lot for bugs.

Details at https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S50090982
and
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S50090974