Date: 11/20/18 4:33 pm
From: Andrew Reago <andrew.reago...>
Subject: Long-tailed Duck still at RMBS - 11/20/18 - photos
For those who haven't had a chance to get out and see the little cutie
(the Long-tailed Duck), she's still there at Riverlands - most often
in Teal Pond. She was there today, 11/20/18. I'm attaching an album of
photos of her I took a few days ago. Enjoy! Happy Thanksgiving! If
this link doesn't work for you, please copy and paste this link in
your browser:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/wildreturn/albums/72157703837926275 [1]

There's also a flock of Lapland Longspurs along Red School Rd. Today
they were almost exactly a 1/2 mile west of Wise, as you head toward
Hwy 67 from the intersection of Wise and Red School - but they move
around. A few days ago, there were some roaming flocks just a 1/4 mile
in off Hwy 67. There was a Snow Bunting in with them - along with a
ton of Horned Larks. A few days ago, we found a Chestnut-collared
Longspur in with them.
There are late shorebirds hanging around in the Maple Island mudflats
area at the end of Riverlands Way. They also fly out into the mudflats
out in Ellis Bay: a late Baird's Sandpiper, late Pectoral Sandpipers,
Dunlin, Least Sandpipers, and Killdeer.
There are ducks and geese galore (and more coming), a Merlin is still
there, and who knows what you might find. Keep your eyes peeled for a
Black Scoter, a Red-necked Grebe, a Red-throated Loon, a Northern
Rough-winged Hawk or some other surprise often found this time of
year. Ya just never know. Late fall is full of surprises. I think
Glaucous Gulls are on their way.
Andy Reago
St. Louis MO
<andrew.reago...>