Date: 11/20/18 3:08 pm
From: David Irons <llsdirons...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Fwd: possible yellow-billed loon, Nehalem river
Bev,

No "possible" here. Nice find! This is without a doubt a Yellow-billed Loon, albeit one that shows more dark feathering on the head than they often do in mid-winter. The bill is clearly all-yellow and it has the little dark ridge extending out onto the culmen. Just Sunday I happened to mention to Shawneen that Oregon doesn't seem to get Yellow-billed Loons with the frequency that we did back a couple decades ago.

Dave Irons.

From: Beverly Hallberg <bhallbergskloot...><mailto:<bhallbergskloot...>>
Date: Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 2:11 PM
To: Beverly Hallberg <beverlyhallberg...><mailto:<beverlyhallberg...>>