Date: 11/20/18 2:51 pm
From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56...>
Subject: [obol] Lane Coast birds
I spent a few hours birding in coastal Lane Co with Daniel Farrar today. Highlights included a W SCRUB JAY at the north edge of the C&M Stables front lot near Baker Beach Rd., an adult Northern Shrike on the s jetty road between lots 3 nd 2, a small but productive gullwad at Stonefield Beach, including the first Thayeric Icelandy Gull I have seen this fall, and at least one Marbled Murrelet off Bob Creek.

As far as I know this is the first record of Scrub Jay from that location. At least one has been in Florence lately.

The calm ocean allowed for very good visibility. A large movement of Pacific Loons is underway.

Daniel can add anything I forgot.

Alan Contreras
<acontrer56...>
Eugene, Oregon