Date: 11/20/18 2:13 pm
From: Roy Gerig <roygerig...>
Subject: [obol] Duckflat Road, Marion Co - Harlan's Hawk 11/17 and 11/20
This morning I had a very nice look at all dark gray/black Red-tail on a
telephone pole along Duckflat Rd. I could clearly see the tail it has no
hint of red or barring, it is dusky white with the end more gray. There is
some white streaking on the breast, and some whitish mottling on the back
like a Red-tail. No brown tones on the bird, just dark gray black. I saw
it at the same spot near the railroad crossing along Duckflat 3 days ago
and it flew too soon to separate from dark Rough-legged Hawk. Today I
could clearly tell it was a HARLAN'S RED-TAILED HAWK and not RLHA

It is a striking and beautiful bird
Roy Gerig Salem OR

Join us on Facebook!