Date: 11/20/18 1:00 pm
From: Frank Vanslager via Groups.Io <Vanslagerf=<aol.com...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] PAWA Continue at Houge and MOBL Continue at Laguna on 11/20/18
All:

At about 9:30 at 4121 Mystic Drive at Houge Park I had the Palm Warbler close, in a small tree -- and my camera battery died.  Then I had it even closer on the ground before I could finish exchanging the battery.  In the distant past I've been to Houge hundreds of times on SJAA monthly lecture nights, and on our monthly observing nights -- but I've never ever birded there before!

Then I went to Laguna Avenue where we found a distant Mountain Bluebird working the fence posts far to the north.  Getting the closest point and using 100 power, the view was enough for positive identification.

Frank Vanslager