Date: 11/20/18 12:18 pm
From: David Rintoul <drintoul...>
Subject: Re: Evening Grosbeaks on the move
There are certainly populations of Evening Grosbeaks closer to KS, like those in CO and NM. Maybe they come from there. Or maybes sometimes they come from there, and sometimes they come from Canada.

Maybe the next time we get an irruption here somebody should snag a few and do a stable isotopic analysis on the feathers. Or maybe there are some in some of the university collections from one of the last irruptions (last one I remember was the winter of 85-86) that could be used for this purpose.

Cheers

Dave