Date: 11/20/18 5:20 am
From: <hilton...> <hilton...>
Subject: Hilton Pond 09/01/18 (Hurricane Florence And Late Hummers)
Still playing catch-up, we've just posted installment #678 of "This Week at Hilton Pond," covering the month of September 2018. The latest photo essay is a potpourri of local happenings, including the arrival of Hurricane Florence, two very late adult male Ruby-throated Hummingbirds, a podcast featuring Hilton Pond, and a visit to the Center by aspiring your field biologists from Presbyterian College.

As always we include a tally of all birds banded or recaptured during the period, some miscellaneous nature notes, and acknowledgments for supporters who contributed during the period.

To view the photo essay, please visit https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.hiltonpond.org_ThisWeek180901.html&d=DwIFAg&c=imBPVzF25OnBgGmVOlcsiEgHoG1i6YHLR0Sj_gZ4adc&r=ymRCw6Q-sBitug_rdeO1Tokz-I_SX2LQN2_Ocvlal9U&m=6JF_OjqH8C2zwfhGoxa8UbeaFdlq3bpS_GCGt3omuxs&s=kwOYxq2yzbmZpFrEimZAerVt94JVoK7uOosW9F2WR5o&e=

Happy Nature Watching!

BILL

Please "Like" our new Facebook pages at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.facebook.com_HiltonPond&d=DwIFAg&c=imBPVzF25OnBgGmVOlcsiEgHoG1i6YHLR0Sj_gZ4adc&r=ymRCw6Q-sBitug_rdeO1Tokz-I_SX2LQN2_Ocvlal9U&m=6JF_OjqH8C2zwfhGoxa8UbeaFdlq3bpS_GCGt3omuxs&s=us1KdlMf_i1SDu8MCET5e0TVH9jq300Sya4M7nEU1JA&e= for timely updates on nature topics,
and for info about hummingbirds at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.facebook.com_rubythroats&d=DwIFAg&c=imBPVzF25OnBgGmVOlcsiEgHoG1i6YHLR0Sj_gZ4adc&r=ymRCw6Q-sBitug_rdeO1Tokz-I_SX2LQN2_Ocvlal9U&m=6JF_OjqH8C2zwfhGoxa8UbeaFdlq3bpS_GCGt3omuxs&s=7QIorGkIxEbqKFN5y44rPdBamLihsU4y_-YwCkp_N4E&e=

Follow us on Twitter @hiltonpond

========

DR. BILL HILTON JR., Executive Director
office & cell (803) 684-5852

The mission of Hilton Pond Center for Piedmont Natural History is "to conserve plants, animals, habitats, and other natural components of the Piedmont Region of the eastern United States through observation, scientific study, and education for students of all ages.

"Never trust a person too lazy to get up for sunrise or too busy to watch the sunset." BHjr.

Join us on Facebook!