Date: 11/19/18 1:54 pm
From: Jeff Gilligan <jeffgilligan10...>
Subject: [obol] Reported posable Gray Hawk near Newport
A birder who prefers not to e identified, sent me a report of what he believes was a very possibly a Gray Hawk. The location was reported as follows:

The bird was perched on a power line on the south side of US Hwy 20 about two miles east of Newport. I don't have the exact mile post marker, but the location was about 1/8 to 1/4 mile east of the intersection of Hwy 20 and Fruitvale Road, along the flat stretch of road at the bottom of the first hill east of Newport. I suppose it could still be in that area, but I don't know.

Join us on Facebook!